History

 

HCHS, orginallyCalled HsinChu County Hsinchu High School, was founded on April 1, 1922.  After World War II in 1945, the school was renamed Taiwan Provincial Hsinchu High School.  In July, 1968, after compulsory education was extended to nine years, the school was renamed Taiwan Provincial Hsinchu Senior High School, and on February 1, 2000, renamed National Hsinchu Senior High School.

After the restoration in 1945, HCHS was a six-year high school, with a 3year Junior and a 3 year Senior High division.  However, the junior high division was suspended in 1957.  In 1987, HCHS was directed to set up a math/science-gifted class, later in 1998 a music-gifted class and in 2004 a language-gifted class.